Sunday, September 11, 2011

A B-Day Card ~ Nuts!

I did not get a chance to work on the dollhouse this weekend so I thought I'd share a card I made for my mom for her last birthday.  Since she was born on Christmas, I give her something nice for Christmas but try to make her birthday gift clever, funny, unique...

I covered the inside and outside of a card with scapbook paper.  Then I cut peanuts in half and glued them to the card and added glitter and wrote "NUTS!" with dimensional paint.
The inside:
Yes, the cat gets to sign the card too!  The gift was an assortment of nuts, as many different types (peanut, almond, cashew, pecan...) and flavors (spicy, chocolate covered, toffee, Parmesan...) I could find. The idea came to me last summer, and I started shopping for the nuts then. Every store (Jewel, Piggly Wiggly, Walmart, Big Lots, Marshalls...) I went in I would check their selection of nuts.   Mom loves to snack on nuts so the gift was well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment